Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just call me Martha...

A big Thank You to my Mom for coming down to watch Molly while Gabe & I tried our hand at canning! We are the proud creators of:
1 gallon of peaches
1/2 gallon of pears
1+ gallons of bread-n-butter pickles
3/4 gallon dilled beans
2 itty bitty jars of pickled beets
2 "special" jars of peaches & pears (we canned them with rum!!)
and a couple random jars of beans that we threw in some extra brine. (We call them Bread-n-butter beans, and beeted beans.)
(Don't laugh...We have so many green beans in our garden we're desperate for ideas!!)
Molly isn't so sure she's going to like all of these pickles,
but is excited to try the beets!!
PS. It's even cooler when you realize that with the exception of the peaches and pears, everything else came out of our garden!

1 comment:

jonah and becky lang said...

I'm so impressed! I may be calling for canning tips. Jonah and I really want to start that up soon!